Monday, May 23, 2016

Death Picks a Winner


By Gemma Cleanslate

The theater at New Toulouse is deceiving. It is empty however the poster on the wall says that “Death Picks a Winner… is Now Playing “and it is starring ME! The darkened screen invited me to click and when I did I received a hud to wear that will take me through clues to solve a mystery and where to go to find clues. Evidently the prospective campaigning Mayor has been murdered and I am elected to find out who did it!  There is also a missing news boy in the mix. My first visit was to a pub so I ordered a rum and chatted up the barmaid who was very cooperative and pointed me on to the next locale to find another clue.
 I have been here in this quaint town I recall for a parade on Mardi Gras. It is a lovely site with charming buildings and appointments. I walked around a bit to renew my memories of the shops and homes before continuing on my investigation. I stopped in the little church and at the impressive Town Hall square to admire the fountain. “New Toulouse Bayou is a private estate community based on the American city of New Orleans, Louisiana, and its surrounding environs in the first 25 years of the 20th century. (1900-1925)” is the description of the region.
 My next stop was at the campaign headquarters which was in disarray with the loss of their candidate but a glum campaign worker sent me on my way. I picked up some campaign materials as a souvenir. I found a lost sock and followed the boy who had dropped it from his basket on the way to the laundry. At the laundry I helped out a bit while I searched for the next clue. The story is getting more involved. You will have to follow it all for yourselves.
My sixth clue was hidden in voodoo shop near the cemetery that was so interesting and informative I spent a long time exploring that building which is chuck full of information and history about the religion of voodoo and Gullah.  I almost forgot I was there to find a further clue to the mystery. That one was not easy!
As I moved along on search of the clues I picked up so many little gifts. I had tea, and coffee, delicious jambalaya, fruit, great Cuban cigar, Bacardi and more.  I even acquired a circus tent and some buildings from the town.! I sat down for a few minutes with Liza Veliz, and had a beer with her as she filled me in on the region. I learned that the mastermind behind the mysteries here is Nikita Weyman and the scripter for all is Mosley Sperber. They were assisted by a myriad of others that you will learn about at the end of your quest.   I am still on my mission and have a few more clues to track down before I solve this mystery. The hud records all the completed clues and earns you prizes at the end where you will find out the secrets of the Death.  I highly recommend this fun. The mystery clues probably won’t take you as long as they did me but I was distracted by all the fascinating décor and stopped to check out everything I saw. If you would like to find out more about New Toulouse you can visit this website http://www.newtoulouse.org/   I look forward to more mysteries!
 Come on over and ramble through the clues with your honey, friend, or alone. I would say this is a winner! You have until May 30http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New%20Toulouse%20Bayou/159/10/602

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment